Publications / Lectures
Matthew G. Shaw is a renowned author and lecturer in the State of Illinois. Mr. Shaw has published numerous articles in the area of family law on topics including:
- Pre-Marital Agreements
- Dissipation of Marital Assets
- Child Support and Prior Obligations
- Bankruptcy fraud in divorce cases.
Mr. Shaw routinely lectures in the State of Illinois and throughout the Country and has lectured on topics including:
- Negotiating/Drafting Maintenance provisions – Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 22, 2007;
- Commingled and Transmuted Property – Chicago, Illinois, September 21, 2006;
- Turning a Witness, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 9, 2005;
- Ethical Dilemmas for the Family Law Practitioner, Bloomington, Illinois, March 1, 2004;
- Custody Modification: What are Your Odds? Las Vegas, Nevada, February 15, 2003;
- Hot Tips for Custody Litigation, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 21, 2002;
- Ethical Problems for the Divorce Practice, Peoria, Illinois, October 12, 1994;
- Organizing a Small Divorce Office; the Business of Law (panel discussion), Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 25, 1993;
- Custody Evaluations Under Illinois Supreme Court Rule 215(a) and (d) and IMDMA 604 and 605, Chicago, Illinois, December 4, 1992;
- Jurisdiction, St. Louis, Missouri, June 28, 1991.
The latest from our blog...
Often, the most difficult aspect of a divorce is determining who will care for the children and who will make decisions regarding their welfare. Illinois...
One of the hardest parts of divorce is finding a fair way to divide assets that have been shared and intertwined over the years. Many...
“The Other Woman,” an upcoming Hollywood feature about infidelity, stars some of America’s most celebrated celebrities. The film’s cast includes Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann of...