Publications / Lectures
Matthew G. Shaw is a renowned author and lecturer in the State of Illinois. Mr. Shaw has published numerous articles in the area of family law on topics including:
- Pre-Marital Agreements
- Dissipation of Marital Assets
- Child Support and Prior Obligations
- Bankruptcy fraud in divorce cases.
Mr. Shaw routinely lectures in the State of Illinois and throughout the Country and has lectured on topics including:
- Negotiating/Drafting Maintenance provisions – Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 22, 2007;
- Commingled and Transmuted Property – Chicago, Illinois, September 21, 2006;
- Turning a Witness, New Orleans, Louisiana, April 9, 2005;
- Ethical Dilemmas for the Family Law Practitioner, Bloomington, Illinois, March 1, 2004;
- Custody Modification: What are Your Odds? Las Vegas, Nevada, February 15, 2003;
- Hot Tips for Custody Litigation, Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 21, 2002;
- Ethical Problems for the Divorce Practice, Peoria, Illinois, October 12, 1994;
- Organizing a Small Divorce Office; the Business of Law (panel discussion), Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, June 25, 1993;
- Custody Evaluations Under Illinois Supreme Court Rule 215(a) and (d) and IMDMA 604 and 605, Chicago, Illinois, December 4, 1992;
- Jurisdiction, St. Louis, Missouri, June 28, 1991.
The latest from our blog...
A high-profile and very heated child custody battle has made headlines in recent months, underscoring the complexities of determining parental rights after a divorce or...
Many marriages result in children. If that marriage fails, the children’s needs must be addressed. The parent who seeks or gets custody of the child...
There was a time when divorce, same sex marriage and same sex divorce, civil unions and their dissolution, asset distribution, and a host of other...