Category Archives: Paternity

When a child is born to a married woman, there is no need for the woman's husband to declare his paternity to legally claim the child as his own. It is automatically assumed that any children born to a married mother are her husband's biological children as well. But this is not always the case. Sometimes, children are conceived during extramarital affairs. This might not be discovered until years after the child's birth, possibly after the parents' divorce and thousands of dollars of child support.

What are your options if you find out your alleged child is not biologically yours? Find out by contacting an experienced divorce attorney to determine your rights and if you can possibly recover the money you spent in child support.

Read More


If you think you might have a biological child, you need to establish your paternity of that child in order to gain any rights regarding him or her. These rights include the right to seek custody or visitation with your child, the right to seek child support for his or her care, and your obligation to financially support him or her until he or she is an adult. When you establish paternity, you become the child's legal father. This and other laws related to paternity and parents' rights in Illinois are included in the Illinois Parentage Act of 1984.

Read More


Our Illinois divorce attorneys represent clients in Kane County, DuPage County, Kendall County and DeKalb County, including Geneva, Batavia, St.Charles, Wayne, Wasco, Elburn, Virgil, Lily Lake, Aurora, North Aurora, Elgin, South Elgin, Bartlett, Crystal Lake, Gilberts, Millcreek, Maple Park, Kaneville, LaFox, Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Sugar Grove, Big Rock, Bristol, Newark, DeKalb, Sycamore, Naperville, Wheaton, West Chicago, Winfield, Warrenville, Downers Grove, Lombard, Oak Brook, Streamwood, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, South Barrington, Lake Barrington, Schaumburg, Big Grove, Boulder Hill, Bristol, Joliet, Kendall, Lisbon, Minooka, Montgomery, Plainfield, Sandwich, Yorkville and many other cities.

Contact Us