Archive, September 2015.

Just like any other legal ruling, such as a ruling on a criminal or civil case, you have the right to appeal your divorce settlement if you feel that it was made in error. Like with these other types of rulings, you will need to go through the appeals process to have your divorce case reheard in appellate court. If you are considering appealing the court's decision about your divorce, work with an experienced divorce attorney to ensure that you follow the correct procedure for an appeal and that your interests are fairly represented in court.
Continue reading

It is a well-known fact among divorced Illinois parents that one of the consequences for failing to pay one's child support is the suspension of his or her driver's license. In fact, there is even a catchy name for the law that created this consequence: Deadbeats Don't Drive. But for many parents and non-parents alike, the measure seems illogical.
Continue reading

When you marry a parent, you get more than a new spouse. You get one or more stepchildren, which provide a unique family dynamic that can be very challenging for you regardless of whether you have children of your own. The presence of a new stepparent in a household can complicate family law issues such as child custody and child support agreements.
Continue reading

If the court determines that shared custody between you and your former spouse is not in your child's best interest, it might opt to give the parent that did not get custody visitation rights. But these rights might come with certain restrictions. This is known as supervised visitation.
Continue reading

A divorce can be difficult for every member of the family. Even the most amicable divorce is a significant lifestyle change for parents and children. For many children whose parents are currently divorcing or have recently divorced, psychological counseling is a productive way to identify and express their feelings about the divorce in a safe, nurturing setting.
Continue reading

A qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) is a legal order that allows an individual to receive money from a retirement account that he or she does not own. This order allows the court to alter a retirement plan's ownership to allow this transfer of money during or after a divorce. When an additional party becomes named as an owner of a retirement plan through a QDRO, he or she becomes known as an alternate payee.
Continue reading
Goostree Law Group

Goostree Law Group

 555 S. Randall Road, Suite 200
St. Charles, IL 60174


 1770 Park Street, Suite 205
Naperville IL 60563


 400 S. County Farm Road, Suite 300
Wheaton, IL 60187


Our Illinois divorce attorneys represent clients in Kane County, DuPage County, Kendall County and DeKalb County, including Geneva, Batavia, St.Charles, Wayne, Wasco, Elburn, Virgil, Lily Lake, Aurora, North Aurora, Elgin, South Elgin, Bartlett, Crystal Lake, Gilberts, Millcreek, Maple Park, Kaneville, LaFox, Yorkville, Oswego, Plano, Sugar Grove, Big Rock, Bristol, Newark, DeKalb, Sycamore, Naperville, Wheaton, West Chicago, Winfield, Warrenville, Downers Grove, Lombard, Oak Brook, Streamwood, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, South Barrington, Lake Barrington, Schaumburg, Big Grove, Boulder Hill, Bristol, Joliet, Kendall, Lisbon, Minooka, Montgomery, Plainfield, Sandwich, Yorkville and many other cities.

Contact Us
Chat Us Text Us